Featuring original woodpecker artwork, this set of pocket notebooks was inspired by our totem bird, the pileated woodpecker. A “spark bird” for many new birders—it is particularly striking because of its flaming-red crest. To celebrate that spark and a passion for looking up, we created this set of notebooks in collaboration with Life List Notebooks. Whether you’re a casual backyard birder or an avid life-list collector, we hope the artwork inspires you, and you fill the pages with stuff that’s important to you.
Set of three (3) small pocket notebooks are lined and 3.5 x 5.5-inches each; one Pileated Woodpecker, one Red-bellied Woodpecker, and one Northern Flicker.
- Printed in the USA with original woodpecker artwork in full-color on UV-coated paper. Manufactured using 100% green energy!
- Inside front cover includes fields for contact information, dates covered, and life list log.
- Inside back cover features two woodpecker anatomy drawings featuring feather groups to provide quick reference for sketching and a detailed view of the pileated woodpecker tongue and description of its incredible pecking power; plus 5-inch and 7-centimeter rulers for accurate egg and other specimen sizing.
- 48 lined pages are acid-free 60# narrow ruled paper ideal for all writing utensils.
- Versatile field notebooks excellent for any birder—from the super-ambitious listing 30 or more species on every trip afield, to the casual backyard feeder-watcher tracking daily visits.
- Pocket-sized for portability in a waist pouch, pant or jacket pockets, car visor, or your binoculars case.
- Multi-purpose for birding—and beyond! Use for nature journaling, your daily to-do list, or to write a grocery shopping list. Anything requiring pen and paper.