Proudly served here ... bird-friendly coffee! This bag of SongBird Coffee Decaf Medium Roast coffee beans are certified USDA organic and bird-friendly. Each package of SongBird Coffee sold benefits the American Birding Association's (ABA) programs which protect countless birds through community outreach and conservation. The official "Bird-Friendly" certification is granted by the Smithsonian Migratory Bird Center (SMBC) through rigorous third-party agency review. The gold standard in eco-friendly, organic farming, the official Bird Friendly seal means BirdSong Coffee beans are shade-grow, maintaining good forest-like habitat for birds and are grown without the use of chemical pesticides.
ORIGIN: This coffee comes from the Sierra and La Frailesca regions in Chiapas, Mexico, which is part of the Mesoamerican rainforest, a corridor that stretches from Panama to Belize.
- Includes one 12-ounce bag of decaf whole coffee beans
- Decaffeinated using the mountain Water Process—no chemical solvents are used, just clear and pure glacial water sourced from the highest mountain in Mexico, the Pica de Orizaba (pictured left)
- Medium Roast's flavor profile is: Rich, Nutty, Complex
- Rich enough to stand on its own, but bold enough to punch through milk—made for coffee drinkers who enjoy full-bodied brews!
- Certifications include: USDA Organic | Kosher | Bird-Friendly | Fair-Trade
Roasted by Thanksgiving Coffee, artisan family-owned and operated coffee roaster established in 1972 by Joan and Paul Katzeff in Fort Bragg, California. Thanksgiving Coffee is a force for good—partnering with Fair Trade coffee cooperatives and family farms on five continents—their mission statement is "Not just a cup, but a just cup."